Coronavirus is on everyone’s mind with the effects being felt around the world. Let us assure you that the Daily Bread Community Food Pantry remains open ready to support our community through this time of need. We are open and following our normal Client schedule.
Our primary concern, as is always the case, is the safety of our Clients and Volunteers. Our normal regiment of food safety and cleaning practices involves sanitizing carts, wagons, and chairs after every use and all surfaces and weekly deep cleaning of the entire facility. Please know that we are taking all necessary measures to safeguard our facility including following recommended practices around social distancing.
Out of an abundance of caution, we are implementing the following additional precautions:
- All Volunteers and Clients must use hand sanitizer before entering and exiting the facility. All volunteers and clients will be checked with a temporal forehead thermometer.
- Volunteers who are ill or have a cold should not volunteer and are encourage to stay home.
- Clients who are ill or have a cold should send a proxy.
- We are allowing only the next 2 clients to come inside to the waiting area at any time. Clients should wait in their car until they see their number shown on a whiteboard displayed by a volunteer.
- After registering, clients will be asked if there is anything they were hoping to find or do not want from the Choice Room along with their personal care needs. The client will then return to their car and their shopping cart and wagon will be brought to the car.
- At this time, we are not allowing children into the facility unless their guardian is the only person in their party.
- Volunteers are asked to wear masks and there is a new temporary volunteer hours entry process for those not wishing to use the books. Use your iPhone’s camera to view the QR code on the office door to enter your time online.
Finally, our food resources are low and we are graciously accepting donations. Current needs are shown at the bottom of this note. Our drop box is available for non-perishable items at any time or you can donate via our website http://dailybreadcommunityfoodpantry.org/donate/
Stay safe as we navigate through the next days and weeks. Rest assured that we at the Pantry will continue to support you and the community during this period of uncertainty.
Any canned meat, cereal, juice, tomato products, spaghetti sauce, juice, jelly, and canned pastas. We also need personal care items: baby wipes, bars of soap, laundry/dish soap, tissues, and any cleaning products.