The Daily Bread Community Food Pantry relies heavily on its many committed volunteers. Without the help of those who share the passion for the pantry’s mission and dedicate their time and talents, the Daily Bread Community Food Pantry would not prosper.
In 2016, approximately 505 volunteers donated 19,085 hours of service. We know the total number of hours is actually much more as many volunteers quietly see a need and meet it without logging in their hours.
There are many ways to get involved. The Daily Bread Community Food Pantry is looking for individuals who can:
- Give out food to pantry participants or help participants carry their food to their cars during food distribution hours on Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings.
- Pick up food from one of our supermarket, store, or restaurant partners at the designated time every week.
- Assist in stocking shelves on Friday evenings from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Provide staffing for weekday openings from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. to accept food donations.
- Assist in set-up and tear down of the annual Holiday Party held in December and spend time in between socializing.
For more information or to volunteer, please email email@example.com or call the Daily Bread Community Food Pantry at (610) 489-5540.